Junior golf at Redcliffe Golf Club
Our team at Redcliffe Golf Club is dedicated to helping our juniors develop golf and life skills through a variety of fun and competitive programs both on and off the golf course. We seek to provide the ultimate learning and playing environment for your child in an enjoyable and social atmosphere that will benefit all skills levels.
With that mission statement in mind our coaches have designed a junior program that is beneficial to children of all ages and abilities, that keep them coming back each week for more.
Here at Redcliffe Golf Club there are two types of junior members and they are:
- Juniors – 18 hole golfers
- Sub juniors – beginners, 3,8 or 11 hole competition golfers
18 Hole Juniors:
Our 18 hole junior members are players that hold an official golflink handicap and that are looking to participate in weekly competitions.
Membership costs are:
- Nomination fee = $22.00 (one off payment)
- Yearly Subscription Fee = $300.00 (membership, golflink & insurance)
We also offer the following for our 18-hole junior members:
- Weekly Saturday competitions with tee times at the end of men’s competition. This competition is open to both boys and girls all playing for the same prizes. Comp cost is $15.00 each Saturday
- Elite clinic: Elite – Thursday 4:00-5:00pm Term (9 weeks) $180.00
Juniors will be approached by coaches to attend this class. We understand that juniors may be receiving private tuition form other PGA Professionals. This class is designed to help develop their on-course and mental skills.
Guidelines for 18 hole handicap application scorecards are as follows -:
- Our PGA Professional coaches must be confident that your child is ready to advance from 11 holes to 18 holes
- The child is to complete the 3×18 hole rounds in competition on a 123 slope rated course (this is the course played on a Monthly Medal/Peninsula Challenge competition for men)
- The rounds are to be completed walking, no motorised carts are to be used, no caddies or onlookers (unless prior approval is granted under special circumstances). The child has to score and push their own equipment
- We will arrange an experienced mentor/staff member or PGA Professional to play with the children in competition to help with any rules questions.
Across the three scorecards the children will need to average a 36 or better handicap. This would mean a score of 107 (Par 71) or 108 (Par 73)or better would be accepted.
Upon meeting the scoring qualification, membership applications will be sent to the committee for final approval. This is at the management committee meeting the last Tuesday of every month.
Our ultimate goal is to get every child ready to move to 18 holes when they are both physically and mentally capable.
They need to be able to play with men/lady members and be able to play 18 holes in 4 hours or better.
Redcliffe Golf Club have a junior policy in place which outlines the golf clubs goals for the Redcliffe Junior Development.
Before joining as a member please read the below policy (click on the link).
Membership costs are: $25.00 each year.
We also offer the following for our sub junior members:
- Beginners (4-6 Years) – Saturday 12:45 – 1:45pm) – Term (9 weeks) $90.00 or $12.00 each week
This level has been designed to introduce children to the basics/fundamentals of golf. The coaches are teaching grip, set up, posture, swing and short game. We are introducing the game, skills tests, cover all aspects of the game including short and long game. The children participating at this level will be on the driving range/short practice facilities only.At this point the children don’t require their own equipment, the coaches will supply if need be.
- Beginners (7-12 Years) – Saturday 11:45-12:45pm – Term (9 weeks) $10.00 or $12.00 each week
This level has been designed to introduce children to the basics/fundamentals of golf. The coaches are teaching grip, set up, posture, swing and short game. We are introducing the game, skills tests, cover all aspects of the game including short and long game. The children participating at this level will be on the driving range/short practice facilities only.
At this point the children don’t require their own equipment, the coaches will supply if need be.
- Intermediates – Saturday 11:45-12:45pm – Term (9 weeks) $90.00 or $12.00 each week
This level clinic is perfect for children who have completed the beginner’s clinic and have intermediate golf skills. This clinic builds on previous knowledge and covers new areas of development such as pitching, long shots, distance control and green reading techniques, along with fun skills tests. At this level the children are progressing onto the golf course and competing in the 3 and 8-hole competitions that the club runs for the juniors.
At this point the children do require their own equipment (clubs and buggies).
On Course sub junior competitions – Saturdays from 1:00pm – Term (10 weeks) $10.00 each for 3,8 or 11 holes.
All junior clinics and sub junior competitions are run through the school terms.
- Term 1 – 28th January 2023 – 25th March 2023 (9 Week Term)
- Term 2 – 22nd April 2023 – 17th June 2023 (8 Week Term) – NO JUNIOR CLINIC ON SATURDAY 3rd JUNE 2023
- Term 3 –22nd July2023 – 9th September (8 Week Term)
- Term 4 – 7th October 2023 – 2nd December 2023 (9 Week Term)
All participants in clinics will need to register before the date of the first week of each clinic. Click on the link below!
For more information please contact Hannah Mason at the club on 3284 2957.
Get Started – Government Grants
Redcliffe Golf Club is proudly apart of the Queensland Government’s Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing – Get Started Grant. This allows families $150.00 per child* to be used for membership fees, tuition, equipment and/or uniform fees.
You can apply for the funding through www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/index.html